Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Mad Barrister: You Must Read this Judgment

I read this judgment with incredulity.

It is the case of Stewart Dunn v Glass Systems (UK) Ltd

Mr. Dunn's antics are hilarious and it is very difficult to understand why anyone would ever instruct him.

His behaviour reminds me of the worst kind of litigant in person. The kind who get disqualified from pursuing further actions without leave of a High Court Judge.

But he is a barrister. And he is absurdly incompetent.

This is a judgment I recommend you to read. I have not the time this evening to provide selected extracts but may do so over the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has now been disbarred with effect from 24.3.09, you will be relieved to hear.

Anonymous said...

Before that he (allegedly) stole £10,000 from a pensioner to 'publish' a book on her behalf. I remember him practising as the 'Chambers of Stewart Dunn' from his parents' spare bedroom.