Saturday, January 05, 2008

J K Rowling: Hypocrite or Superstar?



I have just watched a documentary covering a year in the life of J K Rowling. Since she or her publishers are very litigious, I will add that my son is a big fan and has been routinely indulged with first day editions. I even read one or most of one of the Harry Potter books. I remember a mesmerising performance by Robbie Coltrane so I guess I must have also seen at least one of the films.

She is therefore an abolutely wonderful person and the title link should in no way be regarded as detracting from that.

The question for debate is simply whether exposing your life in a television documentary is consistent with suing a lowly photographer or his newspaper for taking a photograph of your child.

My opinion is that only a megaritch client could be advised to chance their arm. Only the lawyers win. They did. She lost.

So who advised her to pursue an unwinnable case? I do not know and, even if I did, I could not possibly say!

No comments: